Hanley Automation are a busy Trading Company, providing Electrical Controls & Factory Automation solutions to large factories and also local system integrators. We are dedicated to empowering our staff and supporting them through training and career development. The products we are best known for include:
- PLC Control Systems and HMIs
- Factory Automation Software including SCADA
- Motor Control Panel Equipment
- Servo Motion Systems
- Factory Network and IT Equipment
Due to continued growth in our business, we are currently looking for a strong Technical, Inside Sales professional to join our team in Dublin. The successful candidate will be a smart, enthusiastic individual who thrives in a sales driven role. Your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Supporting our Sales Account Manager internally by managing incoming customer enquiries (by phone or email) in a timely manner.
- Selecting appropriate hardware and software for customer automation applications.
- Creating a “Bill of Materials” and preparing customer proposals (quotes).
- Manage the pricing for customer proposals – discounts and margins.
- Maintain accurate records through the use of Excel.
This is a crossover role between Technology, Commercial and Soft Skills. Technical training will be provided on all products and software tools. This will ensure the appropriate equipment is selected for our customers each time.
- An Engineering Qualification in Automation or Electrical is preferred. Alternatively, strong experience in a relevant industry may also be considered.
- Must be an extremely good communicator.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and maintain a personable approach.
- Demonstrated experience using Excel to a high standard is essential.
- Must have the ambition to learn and develop with the role as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity that will provide a platform to grow into a full Technical or Commercial Sales position.
- Identifying and profiling new clients
- Building and enhancing customer relations
- Re-developing dormant accounts
- Establishing opportunities for sales and marketing campaigns
- Managing existing relationships
- Advising customers on products and solutions to use in their projects
- Technology demonstrations for customer
This role is very much a crossover role between IT and factory automation systems.
Please fill in the form below and upload your CV.
Account Manager, Munster/South Leinster
Hanley Automation is a leading supplier of automation, information and robotics technology to manufacturing plants in Ireland. We are seeking a smart and enthusiastic person to train as a sales account manager in our team. We provide lots of training in consultative selling as well as in the technologies solutions we provide. Our account managers are backed by a team of technical sales people with specialist knowledge in the various areas of technology we deal with. Reporting to our sales director based in Cork.
Package Car, Laptop, Phone
Salary: €35-45K OTE depending on candidate
Hanley Automation are a busy Trading Company, providing Electrical Controls & Factory Automation solutions. Our customers depend on us for fast and accurate delivery of these products. At our premises in Swords, we have a large stock holding of electrical control components and automation hardware. This is an extremely fast paced warehouse with high volume deliveries on a daily basis.
Due to increased demand, we are currently seeking a smart and enthusiastic Stores Administrator to join our team in Dublin. The successful candidate will work closely with existing warehouse staff. Your responsibilities will include –
- Picking customer orders in a timely manner
- Manage the storage of stock, ensuring that items are organised efficiently and easily accessible.
- Receive and process all deliveries.
- Conduct regular stock takes and record data accurately.
- Manage returns and items for repair.
- Communicate with our customers on a regular basis ensuring that they are up to date with expected delivery dates, overdue items, returns, and warranty issues.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives within the within the warehouse.
Although this role will be quite hands-on (picking and receiving goods), you will also be required to use our stock system – Kerridge K8.
- Must have demonstrated experience using a sophisticated business system. Examples include Kerridge K8, SAP or similar.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be highly organised and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- Similar experience within a warehouse/stores environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in stores/stock control is essential.
Package: Depends on applicant
Please fill in the form below and upload your CV.
Factory automation / Electrical Controls – Technical Sales Internal (Cork)
We are a busy trading company providing electrical controls & factory automation solutions to large factories and also local system integrators.
The products we would be best known for are
- PLC control systems and HMIs
- Factory automation software including SCADA
- Motor control panel equipment
- Servo motion systems
- Factory Network and IT equipment
We need a smart and enthusiastic person to join our sales office in Little Island, Cork. This is largely an office-based role
Supporting our sales account manager out visiting customers by:
- Dealing with incoming customer enquiries on phone and email
- Selecting appropriate hardware and software for customer automation applications
- Preparing customer proposals (quotes)
This is a crossover role between technology, commercial and soft skills
Soft Skills – Are you good with people? Are you good at keeping calm and personable when under pressure?
Technical – You would be trained to be familiar with the products we sell and to use our software tools to select appropriate equipment and build a “bill of materials” for a customer proposal. We provide lots of technical training on the products but you would have to start with back ground education in electrical or automation.
Commercial – You will need to quickly learn how to find pricing prepare customer proposals, work out discounts and margin. There is a lot of high-speed work with excel and figures.
This role has lots of training and development. There is plenty of potential to grow in to a full technical role in sales or a full commercial role in sales. This is a sales role though, not a project engineering role.
Terms: Contract/Temporary, Full-time
IT Systems Administrator
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator to work on site with one of our Pharmaceutical customers based in Dublin. Our client is a leader in their field with a broad and diversified global product portfolio.
The successful candidate will be a smart, enthusiastic individual who has a keen interest in developing their technical knowledge. Your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to –
- Work as part of the IT Services Delivery team within the Automation and IT departments.
- Design, Develop Build and Test the upgraded manufacturing control system in a virtualised environment.
- Configure, Install and Test network switches.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, as applicable, to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues using root cause analysis tools.
- Ensure all project related SOP’s and other documentation is current and compliant under cGMP conditions.
- Ensure manufacturing systems and practices are consistent throughout.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a Technical role, coupled with a Degree in IT, Science or Engineering.
- A Diploma in the above disciplines will also be considered if you have over 3 years’ experience in a similar technical role.
- Must have demonstrated experience in System Build or IT administration.
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as Pharma, Medical Device or Food is a distinct advantage.
Location: West Dublin
Terms: This is a contract position and salary will depend on experience.