Factory automation / Electrical Controls – Technical Sales Internal (Cork)
We are a busy trading company providing electrical controls & factory automation solutions to large factories and also local system integrators.
The products we would be best known for are
- PLC control systems and HMIs
- Factory automation software including SCADA
- Motor control panel equipment
- Servo motion systems
- Factory Network and IT equipment
We need a smart and enthusiastic person to join our sales office in Little Island, Cork. This is largely an office-based role
Supporting our sales account manager out visiting customers by:
- Dealing with incoming customer enquiries on phone and email
- Selecting appropriate hardware and software for customer automation applications
- Preparing customer proposals (quotes)
This is a crossover role between technology, commercial and soft skills
Soft Skills – Are you good with people? Are you good at keeping calm and personable when under pressure?
Technical – You would be trained to be familiar with the products we sell and to use our software tools to select appropriate equipment and build a “bill of materials” for a customer proposal. We provide lots of technical training on the products but you would have to start with back ground education in electrical or automation.
Commercial – You will need to quickly learn how to find pricing prepare customer proposals, work out discounts and margin. There is a lot of high-speed work with excel and figures.
This role has lots of training and development. There is plenty of potential to grow in to a full technical role in sales or a full commercial role in sales. This is a sales role though, not a project engineering role.
Terms: Contract/Temporary, Full-time
IT Systems Administrator
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator to work on site with one of our Pharmaceutical customers based in Dublin. Our client is a leader in their field with a broad and diversified global product portfolio.
The successful candidate will be a smart, enthusiastic individual who has a keen interest in developing their technical knowledge. Your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to –
- Work as part of the IT Services Delivery team within the Automation and IT departments.
- Design, Develop Build and Test the upgraded manufacturing control system in a virtualised environment.
- Configure, Install and Test network switches.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, as applicable, to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues using root cause analysis tools.
- Ensure all project related SOP’s and other documentation is current and compliant under cGMP conditions.
- Ensure manufacturing systems and practices are consistent throughout.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a Technical role, coupled with a Degree in IT, Science or Engineering.
- A Diploma in the above disciplines will also be considered if you have over 3 years’ experience in a similar technical role.
- Must have demonstrated experience in System Build or IT administration.
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as Pharma, Medical Device or Food is a distinct advantage.
Location: West Dublin
Terms: This is a contract position and salary will depend on experience.
Warehouse Coordinator (Northern Ireland)
Hanley Automation are a busy Trading Company, providing Electrical Controls & Factory Automation solutions to large factories and OEMs across NI. Our customers depend on us for fast and accurate delivery of these products. At our premises in Antrim, we have a large stock holding of electrical control components. This is an extremely fast paced warehouse with high volume deliveries on a daily basis.
Due to increased demand, we are currently seeking a smart and enthusiastic Warehouse Coordinator to join our team in Antrim. The successful candidate will work closely with existing warehouse staff. Your responsibilities will include –
- Picking customer orders in a timely manner.
- Manage the storage of stock, ensuring that items are organised efficiently and easily accessible.
- Receive and process all deliveries.
- Conduct regular stock takes and record data accurately.
- Manage returns and items for repair.
- Communicate with our customers on a regular basis ensuring that they are up to date with expected delivery dates, overdue items, returns, and warranty issues.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives within the within the warehouse.
Although this role will be quite hands-on (picking and receiving goods), the core of the role is the administration work to support the warehouse function.
- Must have demonstrated experience using a sophisticated business system. Examples include Kerridge K8, SAP or similar.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be highly organised and confident in a fast-paced environment.
- Similar experience within a warehouse/stores environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in stores/stock control is essential.
To Note – This role can be full or part time depending on the candidate